Embarking on a mission to preserve a legacy, the Trees of Music initiative has successfully distributed over 50,000 saplings. The Pernambuco tree, a cornerstone of classical music culture, faces the threat of extinction. Our next phase intensifies efforts to protect these vital ecosystems. Collaborating with Brazilian scientists and restoration experts, we aim to combat rampant development and strategically plant saplings. Our goal is not just to save a species but to preserve a rich cultural heritage.
James Barralet’s story is a testament to enduring strength and fervent passion. Trained in a conservatory as a cellist, he faced a significant setback when severe tinnitus interrupted his musical career, leading him into a period of hardship. It was Bach’s moving compositions that offered him solace, inspiring him to perform as a street musician and rekindle his musical spirit. Despite the challenges, his unyielding talent shone through, capturing the interest of a local classical music promoter. This pivotal moment marked his triumphant return to the classical music scene. Now, James not only shares his music on the streets but also fills church halls with the profound sounds of Bach, all while actively supporting the Trees of Music initiative.
We invite you to join this harmonious crusade. Lend your talents to echo the cause in concert halls or streets, resonating the urgency to save the Pernambuco trees. Your music can be the voice for nature’s preservation
How can I support?
2. FOLLOW US on social media
3. TALK about Trees of Music on your pages with a personalised post or video. Tell your friends and ask them to support too!
1. Put on a performance to raise money for Trees of Music or make a collection for Trees of Music at your next performance?
2. Do a pre or post-concert talk or Q&A about Trees of Music and the Ecological Crisis?
3. Show the Trees of Music video before or after your performance?
4. Work with the venues you play at to ask audience members to donate when they purchase tickets?
5. Add our logo to your website to show you are an ambassador
Luthiers and bow-makers
1. Put up a poster about Trees of Music in your workshop?
2. Add our logo to your website to show you are an ambassador
3. Start conversations about pernambuco with your clients
4. Ask your customers if they would mind adding a donation to the forest on their bill?
1. Put up a poster?
2. Add an optional donation to Trees of Music to tickets – especially if the performer is a Trees of Music ambassador?
3. Host an event including our talk / video / Q&A?
4. Add our logo to your website / publications to show you are an ambassador
We will add you to our list of ambassadors on our website and co-promote your organisation by doing a feature about you on our social media and send you a trendy t-shirt!